Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I Knew Him Before he Was Famous :)

I've known Charlie Stross for around twenty mumble years, back since he lived in Leeds, was resolutely trying to start a writing career, and trying to sell short stories in the pub to my then boyfriend.

Nowadays he lives in Edinburgh, is a multi award winning prolific sf novelist and gets reported in evangelical tones in Boing Boing like this.

Wow time flies :)

I now have to admit publicly that I've never actually read any of Charlie's novels - hard post-Singularity sf is not quite my thing - but this one looks so relevant to some of my current lines of research that I may have to read it just to use as a class text :)

Post GikII sensible service resumes shortly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. nice blog.Ihad already posted my resume in many job sites.Now I think that your blog
is best for free job posts
thanks........